WARWICK's Latest Update on his POST ASCT journey thus far...

MPN-MATE Admin
Site Admin

WARWICK's Latest Update on his POST ASCT journey thus far...

Post by MPN-MATE Admin »

Evening all... :D

As some of you may recall, sometime ago in 2021, Warwick, (one of our committee members), underwent his Allogenic Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT) journey.

While his condition is deemed a success, the journey itself remains ongoing w/ quite a few twists & turns...

However, if any of you are interested, best you direct your questions through MATES to Warwick, simply because Warwick is a bit of a 'Technophobe' when it comes to computers etc...

There certainly are some interesting aspects of being the beneficiary of an ASCT, (hopefully they are all as successful of course), however fascinating nonetheless...

Not sure if everyone fully comprehends what this process actually delivers to its recipients?

For instance; the ASCT intentionally aims to remove one's existing "Immune System" by creating a completely new Hybrid replacement through the advent of the Donor's gift of matching 'Stem cells'.

Warwick has told me a great deal about some of this journey thus far, and one or more of the more amazing things that have transpired, according to Warwick:

* He has now gone from Blood Type 'O' to 'A'
* He has a completely new 'Immune System'
* He is currently again having to once again undergo, all of the earlier vaccinations that we have as children: mumps, chickenpox, measles, polio, TB etc, etc...
* According to Warwick, he believes he no longer recognises himself in the mirror...

Just to highlight this last point, included below is a B4 & Post ASCT photograph of Warwick... You be the judge, does he look different to you?

Best wishes all...

For & on behalf of Warwick, (naturally) any & all questions will be forwarded on to Warwick...

Stay safe, happy & well guys...

Steve
Attachments
Warwick B4 & Post ASCT_2021-2022.png
Warwick B4 & Post ASCT_2021-2022.png (720.93 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
KatieB

Re: WARWICK's Latest Update on his POST ASCT journey thus far...

Post by KatieB »

Hey Warwick,

What an amazing journey you have had. I know it has been very difficult and almost impossible at times but what an achievement!!
The two photos Steve printed of you are a complete transformation. I would not have believed it if I had not seen the photos with my own eyes.
Amazing that your blood group has changed too.

Perhaps at some later date you could write about your journey so we could all become part of it.
I know that you were so ill at one point, you had little choice but you were extremely courageous for seeing it through. You have the admiration of many of us MPNers.

Best wishes for your continued recovery.

Katie
NedKel65

Post by NedKel65 »

Hi Warwick, wow !!!
A huge journey travelled and then still some to go !
I hope you are feeling well and are past and further challenges !
It would be great to hear about your journey so we can all learn
Best of health to you and Good luck to you in all future endeavours
Kind regards Kelly
Kinsale

Post by Kinsale »

Hi Warwick! Bloody hell - you’re a new man! Well Done on navigating such a difficult and long journey so well. You are a Superman! - and an inspiration to all of us!
Cheers!
Mark
Misty-3

Post by Misty-3 »

Hey Warwick
So happy to see you looking so well!!! Such an incredible experience you had! Hats off to your courage and resilience. Thanks for sharing…it gives us courage and hope. Take care and keep safe! And yes, would love to know a detailed recount when you’re ready! 😊 All the best and God bless always!!!
Alkemist

Post by Alkemist »

Hi Warwick
Very pleased to hear that all is progressing well now - you are certainly looking healthy :).
Are you able to get out and about yet or is it still too risky until your immunity has built up?
I'm sure we are all eager to keep getting updates about your journey.
Keep safe and best wishes.
Allan
Laurenelle5

Post by Laurenelle5 »

Hi Warwick,

Just like to say your journey is truly amazing. Please

Keep going from strength to strength. You are inspiration to

all of us .

Linda from Shropshire,Uk😊