PFIZER & MODERNA VACCINES Q & A

MPN-MATE Admin
Site Admin

PFIZER & MODERNA VACCINES Q & A

Post by MPN-MATE Admin »

Evening all :D

Found this YouTube that answers a few questions. Hope that you might find it of interest too...

Best wishes all...

Stay safe & well...

Steve

JAMA Network

Millions of people are now being immunised with the new Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna mRNA vaccines. Are they effective? Are they safe? Infectious disease and global health expert Carlos del Rio, MD, of Emory University answers your questions.

0:00 Introduction
0:20 Can I take the vaccine if I have immune disease, cancer, or am on immunosuppressive drugs?
0:44 Can I take the vaccine if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
1:16 Can I take the vaccine if I have allergies?
1:38 What if I have a history of severe allergic reactions?
2:16 Can I take the vaccine if I already had COVID-19?
2:55 Is either of the vaccines better than the other, and can I switch between doses?
3:42 Can I take only take 1 dose to minimize risk?
4:20 I had the first dose and still got COVID-19. Should I take the 2nd dose?
5:15 I missed my appointment for the 2nd dose. How late can I still get it?
5:54 Are there natural ways to improve my immunity?
6:30 Will virus mutations make the vaccine less effective?
7:09 How long does protection last?
KatieB

Re: PFIZER & MODERNA VACCINES Q & A

Post by KatieB »

They don’t seem very sure how effective the vaccine will be for people with compromised immune systems. (MPN’s)
Let’s hope they protect us too after all this shielding.
MPN-MATE Admin
Site Admin

Re: PFIZER & MODERNA VACCINES Q & A

Post by MPN-MATE Admin »

Hey Katie... :D

Yes, precisely what happens I guess when all of this is conducted at a somewhat less than optimal pace...

Not sure if you heard about the fatalities of 33 people in Norway, (in Aged Care), who perished after having the Pfizer vaccine?

However, Reuters did a Fact Check:

VERDICT

Missing context. News outlets were not ‘silent’ after 23 Norwegian vaccine recipients died. The deaths were reported by media including Reuters, who provided the additional context that deaths would be expected among the elderly nursing home population, and that investigators have not concluded the deaths were caused by the vaccine.

This article was produced by the Reuters Fact Check team. Read more about our fact-checking work here .

URL:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN29P2R1

Personally, I am more concerned about people with MPNs having the Astra Zeneca vaccine than I am about the Pfizer or the Moderna types...

Interesting to listen in to the results of those in the UK who are currently being vaccinated by both...

For me, it's still a "Wait & Watch" I am observing until more is known...

Best wishes Katie

Steve
ox