SYDNEY to the GONG ~ MS Challenge RIDE

MPN-MATE Admin
Site Admin

SYDNEY to the GONG ~ MS Challenge RIDE

Post by MPN-MATE Admin »

Steve & Frank_Stanwell Tops_Syd-GONG_2019_(sm).png
(567.5 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
Hey everyone... :D

Just a quick update... Yesterday, myself and a few of my cycling buddies did this spectacular scenic Ride for MS from Sydney to Wollongong (GONG).

It is not that it is such a long Ride (82.5kms), however, it is a sequence of climbing and quick descents surrounded by some great scenery...

The skies unfortunately were still a tad hazy due to all of the bush fires experienced in NSW of late. Nevertheless, it was an awesome day, with great company surrounded by people all wanting to help raise awareness for those who suffer from Multiple Sclerosis (MS). This was the 38th running of this event, and I believe that they raised in the vicinity of 3 Million dollars on the day...

How I would love to be able to emulate such a feat with our MPN-MATE Fundraiser... However, and whatever amount I/we manage to raise in the end, I will be glad that I did give it my best shot... whatever the final result... The journey is the destination, in my view... 8-)

Notwithstanding, naturally, I am ever hopeful that we can raise a significant amount of funding to create MPN Research here in Australia that might someday help to assist everyone affected in some way by MPNs...

Apparently, there are circa 25,000 MS sufferers in Australia, which is much on parr with the estimated 30,000 MPN afflicted Australians, the real problem is that both of these chronic conditions are largely viewed as 'Invisible Illnesses' because when people look at us, we look to all intensive purposes as fine, and in reasonable health, which is rarely the case...

Best wishes all...

Steve
Attachments
Medal Shot_2.png
(609.6 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
Stanwell to Seacliff Bridge.png
(379.16 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Stanwel Tops View_2.png
(359.68 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Finish Line Gong_Steve Merv & Frank_v1.png
(617.46 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
KatieB

Re: SYDNEY to the GONG ~ MS Challenge RIDE

Post by KatieB »

Well done guys, a brilliant effort!
May you be able to complete many more of these fundraising rides.

Cheers
Katie
MPN-MATE Admin
Site Admin

Re: SYDNEY to the GONG ~ MS Challenge RIDE

Post by MPN-MATE Admin »

Hey Katie... :D

Great ride, great fun, and good company too...

I enjoyed it all immensely, and MS is such a worthy cause too...

Apparently, there are circa 25,000 MS sufferers in Australia, and coincidentally, there are circa 30,000 MPNers in Australia too...

Would it not be a sublime thing if we could all organise such an incredible community response?

2.6M raised so far from just one short Ride for the MS Fundraiser from this 38th running of this annual event...

How can I do it???

Thanks again Katie... 8-)

Steve